Amongst the Stars.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst the Stars.

Welcome, leader. Your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Balances that need addressed.

Go down 
+3
Punchmaster
Alien
The Wild Spud
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dabeest

Dabeest

Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:02 pm

I don't think a RETCON would be wise, we have a great amount of RP here already. But then again, I do see future RP suffering because the North-Western Side of the Galaxy is stuck in a fallout-style situation.

Also, can you make you posts longer, I went to get lunch and logged back on to 47 notifications holy shit.
Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Honestly I find the whole fleet points system to be redundant, it was never fully developed as the person behind it is far too busy with IRL concerns to maintain a commitment to this board and I would be fine with removing it entirely in favor of a more freeform system where people can establish their own fleets within reason.

Also with how laid-back Eyes tends to be as these logs show, there isn't much supporting the idea that there is somehow a mysterious behind-the-scenes action happening. I doubt he'd be able to even work up the effort or interest to engage in such intrigue.
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Okay. Dabeest and Punchmaster. Add me on steam: EyesofMarch.

I am done having this conversation on the forum. You two do not know me, and you are using Rook's arguments against me to form a basis of opinion. This whole conspiracy thing is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Dabeest

Dabeest

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:10 pm

I'm on my phone ATM, add Credentials on steam if you must, but I will not have you deal with me behind a closed door like you tried to deal with Spud, you should just admit you're in the wrong rather than try and hammer us by dividing our opinion, because it IS a popular opinion.
Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Is it 'popular' opinion or is it just Rook's Skype pals opinion? You want to talk about behind the scenes double dealing why don't we start there?
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:15 pm

I have Eyes of March of skype, does that mean he's colluding too? The fact of the matter is me getting to know the people I write with, it also helps me decide the topics of what to write on, and future points. I have nearly everyone on this forum on steam, for I actively message everyone nearly daily.
Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Rook wrote:
I have nearly everyone on this forum on steam, for I actively message everyone nearly daily.

Not me it seems, actually it appears you have me blocked. Very unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:17 pm

The reason I blocked you was you were among 5 friend requests, and most un-annoucned Adds I get are people trying to scam me for my CS:GO inventory.
Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you'll at least accept my Skype invite.
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Dabeest wrote:
I'm on my phone ATM, add Credentials on steam if you must, but I will not have you deal with me behind a closed door like you tried to deal with Spud, you should just admit you're in the wrong rather than try and hammer us by dividing our opinion, because it IS a popular opinion.

you gotta be fucking kidding me
Back to top Go down
Alien

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:15 pm

When AtS started in its 'modern' reincarnation, when most of the concepts about 'modern' space combat, the setting and the races became solidified, it was built on a simple, absolute basis: no bullshit. No OOC manipulation. No endless circular threads. No gigantic rule lists with more holes than a Bolivian prostitute (no offense to any Bolivians, I am pretty sure it's an expression).

Quite frankly, this thread is as pointless as it is toxic at the moment. I have heard few legitimate complaints, and most of the posts involve bashing the administration team or making unbased accusations of corruption and conspiracies. In the end of the day, this is a collaborative story writing effort: winning is not, and must not, be an OOC goal. Too much of a fuss is being made over the few RPG elements of AtS (which are, indeed, flawed) and not enough attention is given to the fact that it's a story.

So I am simply going to take the few constructive parts of it and make some improvements.

• Clarification on the technological principles of the setting will be given at the earliest convenience, in a thread detailing military concepts such as ISBMs or feasible weapon technologies, so players do not have to do the research themselves. Any player wishing to bring in an exotic technological or scientific concept not included or closely related to the list of technologies will have to do some research and present it to the administration team.
  • The fleet points systems will be revised, and quite frankly, I am hoping it will be completely abolished in favor of establishing a few core principles regarding fleet strength.
  • There will be a revision and clarification of the rules and the backstory of the setting, although players will still have to do their own research into the old threads if they want to know the whole story.
  • There will be more transparency in the future regarding rule and system changes, but all discussion can not be expected to take place in public domain for the sake of convenience and the sanity of the administration team.
  • No roleplay will be voided because there has been no breach of rules. However, I do have to offer a piece of advice: suicidal acts do not pay off. A peaceful resolution to the conflict is possible, and if it does not happen, then it will be a purely IC thing.

I hope that this addresses most of the community's concerns. This thread will be locked in the next 24 hours; any further discussion should be moved to an appropriate suggestions forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balances that need addressed.   Balances that need addressed. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balances that need addressed.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3