Amongst the Stars.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst the Stars.

Welcome, leader. Your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Commonwealth of New Terra

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thimble

Thimble

The Commonwealth of New Terra Empty
PostSubject: The Commonwealth of New Terra   The Commonwealth of New Terra I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:02 am

The Commonwealth of New Terra EhqVv9E
"For several generations we as a nation have been exposed to the most grandiose of incompetence, for nearly two centuries we have been ruled by what can only be described as 'political insanity'." - Hyeon Taejo to a crowd of assembled delegates.

Formal Name: The Commonwealth of New Terra
Informal Names: A common saying is the 'New Guard' but the government is too young to have attracted other nicknames yet.
Abbreviation: ETE
Population: Population figures are taken from old Imperial documents there is continued discrimination against non-humans and 'mixed' species which hasn't been addressed by the Commonwealth.
31,000,000,000 total, counting all races and populated territories, breakdown follows:
20,000,000,000 - recognized by the central state as being completely human.
8,000,000,000 - recognized by the central state as being 'alien', includes an increasingly large number of subjugated non-human populations.
3,000,000,000 - recognized by the central state as being 'altered' comprised of a variety of neo-humans and genetically mixed individuals whose remaining human DNA is still considered by the relatively narrow-view of state bureaucracy.

The Commonwealth of New Terra NvDQFbc
Above: Painting of the first major public assembly of the 'New Guard' including several major opposition leaders.

Technology Tags: Technological development remains the same as it was under the Empire for the timebeing which is negligible at best with a reliance on utilizing foreign technology combined with Terran ingenuity.

Obstetrics - The greatest strength of the Empire is often its own burden and that's population control, or complete lack thereof. All forms of birth control and contraception have been outlawed since the very beginning of the Empire and in the eyes of society it's the family, not the individual, which holds more worth and this is said to be especially true in the eyes of the Noble Estates, Corporate Enclaves, Guilds, and other power-players who generally view the lower-classes as nothing more than currency in a never-ending competition for power.
Enormous population size comes with the benefit of being able to rapidly replenish military losses, the ability to mobilize large numbers of laborers to service a growing industrial core as well as making it a logistical nightmare for an enemy to occupy Imperial territory but comes with the consequences of bureaucratic quagmire, frequent regional political instability, easier support for rebellion and usurpation by vassals, and near constant upheaval as a result of rapidly fluctuating market prices.

Small Ship Focus - The size of the population is never far from an Imperial Commander's mind and the main industrial focus is on creating fast reacting and easily massed warships capable of long-range attack whilst also being able to maintain elaborate formations in the face of an enemy assault whilst also being easily crewed by substantial amounts of available manpower. Standard ships of the Empire are generally unable to offer any resistance on their own to a larger warship and will always be used in large groups in elaborate attack formations to overwhelm and attack an enemy from multiple angles.

Military Ingenuity - This massive population which feeds into one of the galaxies largest standing military forces which is frequently in a state of conflict with elements of itself and armies of usurpers allows a great deal of opportunity for a commander to test new doctrines and battle plans. The military is one of the few sectors of Imperial life which can allow rapid ascension based on merit rather than lineage; this fluidity has created some of the galaxies greatest tacticians throughout history. Many of which have even ended up sitting the Gilded Throne itself, provided they weren't assassinated, usurped, or killed in battle.

Intrigue - In the Empire knowing what potential enemies could have planned is often a life and death affair and as a result espionage is taken very seriously by those in politics. Entire wars can and have been fought behind the scenes by armies of spies, mercenaries, and commandos who's loyalty is to their employer rather than their Emperor. Such thinking has spawned one of the most effective intelligence services in the galaxy to date stemming from Emperor Alexios IV's legendary expansion of the Imperial Guard from a decorative ceremonial unit to a cloak and dagger death squad.

Trade - The massive pool of labor available and the Guilds and Corporations which finance it has made the Empire extremely productive and therefore a potentially valuable trade partner to those wishing to do business in the Empire.

The Commonwealth of New Terra OFfR119
"A girl who marries a soldier never makes a bad choice. A soldier knows how to cook, can sew, must be healthy, and most importantly, is absolutely accustomed to obey." - Saparmurat Hassan, Imperial Garrison Commander of Freiburg.

Species: There are many species which inhabit the frontier territories of the Empire but only two are the majority population and are primarily recognized as regional power holders by the state.

The Tahar  - An ape-like race which inhabit the inner regions of 07N and also the ones responsible for the name 'Tranquil Expanse' before being annexed into the Empire the Tahar had always been a relatively peaceful peoples who excelled at trade and had a willingness to exchange resources for autonomy the learned Emperor Vukhym VI oversaw the peaceful annexation of their territories in the early High Period.

The 'Heraklians'  - The actual name of this species is indecipherable so they are commonly referred to as the Heraklians after the General who conquered their first world, Heraklios. They are a lizard-like people who are rigidly tribal in nature and are extreme aggressive they killed the first diplomats which arrived from the Empire in the middle High Period resulting in a brutal war against their people which they lost. They are ruled over by a puppet government controlled by a Viceroy who oversees the resource extraction operations on their former territories there is frequent conflict as Heraklian warlords lead marauding armies of raiders throughout the sector targeting both Human and Tahari settlements.

Homeworld Name: New Terra
Homeworld Location: 08N
Homeworld Description: The planet is an Ecumenopolis heavily segregated by region with economic and politically linked areas usually being seen as the most cleanly and presentable and the residential and industrial sectors being heavily overpopulated and filled with squalor.
Other Systems:
08M - Called the 'Northern March' includes a large number of populated areas and several powerful Estates hold lands here, constitutes a valuable industrial basis for several facets of the state. The Imperial Domain in this sector is focused heavily on military assets such as Shipyards and defense zones.
07N - Officially referred to as the 'Tranquil Expanse' it's the area primarily settled by the occupied non-human species and therefore goes by several different names depending on region, the headquarters of the Cult of Sol is located here.
09N - Nicknamed 'Merchants Folly' by successful traders this sector is heavily populated and is the primary economic sector and several Guilds and Corporations hold suzerainty throughout this sector alongside various Estates. This area is often set upon by marauding armies during wartime or alien raiders due to the large concentration of trading infrastructure as a result of ineffective policing it's entirely possible to steal from one end of the sector and sell the same goods at the other end for a good profit.

Political System: With the end of the Empire's autocratic model the state is essentially a Republican Dictatorship supported by the military. Military officers have unseated the nobility as regional governors and rule from the barracks rather than the assemblies.

Culture: The Commonwealth is slowly doing away with many of the old pretentious aspects of the Empire and is instead developing its own unique culture from its many worlds and highly diverse population.

Certain cultural norms such as family being more valuable than self still remain on the other hand.

The Commonwealth of New Terra FQewRQm
Above: Dramatized painting depicting the assassination of Emperor Leopold III, the Emperor was assassinated by his own guards with support from his ministers his death would herald the beginning of the First Interregnum.

History: Imperial history is often categorized as an unending struggle for power from all aspects of political and military life in a structure that often personifies the worst traits of humanity.

Imperial History:

Current Events
Spoiler:

Important People
Spoiler:

Hero Character:
The Commonwealth of New Terra BOgNaAh
Name: Etienne Gerard Lasalle
Race: Human
Position: Imperial Guardsman
Allegiance: The Imperial State
Story: Gerard as he prefers to be called was born to a merchant family on Ambrosia, he enlisted against his parent's wishes at the age of 17. He got his first taste of combat in the Interregnum and made his way into an elite military unit calling itself the 'Hussars'. After distinguishing himself he was offered a position in the Imperial Guard where his effectiveness impressed his employers. At the age of 27 he was transferred to the elite top echelons of the Imperial Guard where he has performed since as one of their top agents.

Etienne himself is a flamboyant figure always dressing expensively and never lacking in charm, he partakes heavily in the 'Hussar' lifestyle that had always been with him since the corps including heavy drinking, smoking, swearing, and womanizing. He once stated during his time in the corps that 'a hussar who makes it past the age of 30 is a bad omen', although you certainly won't hear him say that now.

Military Information

Overview: The Commonwealth still retains much of it's Imperial military traditions and as such hasn't greatly interfered with its operations and procedures.

The Imperial Military hadn't been involved in an outside war since the first monarchs of the Kobrynska dynasty sat the Throne, since these initial conquests the Empire had been in a state of conflict over 25 times in its history and only two out of that number were conflicts fought outside of Imperial territory, it was often joked that the Imperial Army's greatest enemy throughout it's history has always been itself.

Although commanding the largest military in the known galaxy Imperial Doctrine focused on the 'skillful and virtuous' use of troops as opposed to overwhelming numbers and massed charges at enemy positions in an attempt to overrun them. Specialized contingents of disciplined Imperial soldiers perform mobile warfare tactics to outflank and destroy enemy positions as lesser trained units defend and maintained a frontline, doctrines such as defense-in-depth and mobile warfare played a big part in Imperial strategy.

General Headquarters of the Military includes four departments: The General Staff Department, the General Political Department, the General Logistics Department, and the General Armaments Department all working towards keeping the military running as efficiently as possible with such a large amount of manpower.

Military Organization:

Imperial Ground Force:

Imperial Skirmisher Corps:

Imperial Space Force:

Imperial Guard:

Interstellar Artillery Command:

Auxiliary Forces:

Last edited by Thimble on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Commonwealth of New Terra   The Commonwealth of New Terra I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 am

its a very creative faction but the numbers are off the charts. 38 bil is a bit too much
Back to top Go down
https://amongstthestars.rpg-board.net
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: The Commonwealth of New Terra   The Commonwealth of New Terra I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:35 am

Blitz wrote:
its a very creative faction but the numbers are off the charts. 38 bil is a bit too much

No problem the excessive population is a major factor of the civ but after looking at the other sheets I can completely agree with you, how about these figures?

Also is there a way I can get you on steam or something? It'll sure make it easier.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Commonwealth of New Terra   The Commonwealth of New Terra I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:44 am

numbers are much better considering your obstetrics tech. yes, you can add me on steam, cpf14. i'll have to get back to you later, i'm about to go to bed
Back to top Go down
https://amongstthestars.rpg-board.net
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: The Commonwealth of New Terra   The Commonwealth of New Terra I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 am

Great, but I get an error when I try and add you maybe you can try me instead.
Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: The Commonwealth of New Terra   The Commonwealth of New Terra I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:08 am

Updated also includes some military shit i had laying around somewhere i think it may have been in my ass the entire time

i sure hope this leads to something buds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Commonwealth of New Terra   The Commonwealth of New Terra I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Commonwealth of New Terra
Page 1 of 1