Amongst the Stars.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst the Stars.

Welcome, leader. Your people await you.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!

Go down 
+3
Mother Superior
RetroRobot
Blitz
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! Empty
PostSubject: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:25 am

IF. IF we have enough interest, and anyone actually gets e-mails from this site anymore.

Do we have enough interest to start this back up? Forget how for now, but if we started it again, would y'all want to?
Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 8:29 pm

As stated in the other thread it seems there's quite a few willing to take another shot at it before it inevitably dies again.

If it were up to me, I'd say all we really need now is one more previously committed member and we should have enough to go at it again, where did Alien go? If anything you and him were the more capable sort and when it was in it's rut a few months ago it was only us three that kept it going in the end anyway.
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Before we even contemplate it, I want to apologize for leaving suddenly. Unfortunately, as we are all pretty aware, life is getting pretty busy. I just started my military career, so I've been extremely busy. But, alas, I cannot ignore my inner nerd and the desire to create vast experiences that are of the awesome variety.

If we can get some more support, we can start again. All that we need to figure out is if we want to start over, or continue. If we choose to restart, I have some interesting plots to go for. My race will be an influental, abit slow to appear, race that will allow me to GM more efficiently, and will burn me out at a slower rate.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm

"'Ow long till we're relieved!"

I approve this message

- Impliment a Combat System.
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:26 pm

If we choose to restart:

ATS will begin with a new system. Technology in spaceborne weapon systems is basic. Missiles, cannons, lasers, shields, and armor systems will be available, but your species must be focused in only specific sections.

There will be few planetary systems with worlds, and fewer with habitable planets. Because the warp drive is a new technology to even the most advanced species, only a small sector of the local galactic arm is reachable. Resources are scarce.

The RP will begin with the Galactic Council's first meeting. This allows species to introduce themselves to the galactic community, and the Galactic Council Station (or world) will become a hub for political and personal RP to take place. Diplomats may discuss matters in sections specific to their embassies, or you may take a break from large scale galactic RP and enjoy a local Human or non-Human bar or nightclub as a character of your choosing. Make sure to ask the respective owner of a race how their species acts before taking control of one as an NPC for your story.

As resources are scarce, there will be few colonies and small scale fleets. Since humans are a divided species, they will be faced with smaller populations, economies, and fleets unless they manage to enslave a populous, or discover alien drone tech, per se. Non-Humans have the advantage in these sections, although humans will already be settled on other worlds, and will have a 'boost' from the start, because they have already been among the stars. Be reasonable with these boosts.

The combat system can either be regulated, or decided by your own judgement. This will be discussed.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:30 pm

I am working on a simple combat system as we speak, based on rolls, but less so that before.

Rolls and Ship HP and stuff will be considered!
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:30 am

dnd combat system would work
Back to top Go down
https://amongstthestars.rpg-board.net
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:31 am

you have to get people tho. we need like 20+ people
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:32 am

holy shit blitz welcome back

Twenty plus people? Dunno about that. I have more confidence in the current 'common sense' system, although if we actually get that many people then yeah, we'd need an actual system for it.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:34 am

common sense tends to work in groups of less than 10 people but if we want more a DnD roll system would work. just dunno how we'd implement it, dunno if the forum has it
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:37 am

We'll work on it once we have more than 10 people.

I'm thinking about adding a second interesting aspect to the RP. Habitable worlds, non-habitable worlds, and planetless systems. Since habitable worlds are so rare, there will be a set number of habitable worlds in the sectors map, as well as systems with uninhabitable but solid worlds, and those lacking either. Y'all can pick any location for your home system, but once these systems have been chosen I will lock down many systems as lacking planets, a dozen with uninhabitable worlds, and maybe 8-9 habitable systems.

This will increase pressure and add that fearful and tense atmosphere.

Previous ideas:

ATS will begin with a new system. Technology in spaceborne weapon systems is basic. Missiles, cannons, lasers, shields, and armor systems will be available, but your species must be focused in only specific sections.

There will be few planetary systems with worlds, and fewer with habitable planets. Because the warp drive is a new technology to even the most advanced species, only a small sector of the local galactic arm is reachable. Resources are scarce.

The RP will begin with the Galactic Council's first meeting. This allows species to introduce themselves to the galactic community, and the Galactic Council Station (or world) will become a hub for political and personal RP to take place. Diplomats may discuss matters in sections specific to their embassies, or you may take a break from large scale galactic RP and enjoy a local Human or non-Human bar or nightclub as a character of your choosing. Make sure to ask the respective owner of a race how their species acts before taking control of one as an NPC for your story.

As resources are scarce, there will be few colonies and small scale fleets. Since humans are a divided species, they will be faced with smaller populations, economies, and fleets unless they manage to enslave a populous, or discover alien drone tech, per se. Non-Humans have the advantage in these sections, although humans will already be settled on other worlds, and will have a 'boost' from the start, because they have already been among the stars. Be reasonable with these boosts.

The combat system can either be regulated, or decided by your own judgement. This will be discussed.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

well wookie and i were trying to do a system where each planet, whether inhabitable or not, had some sort of technological reward or secret.

we were also doing an over arching event that would be pretty big and last a while but then it died again.

Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 am

i was also thinking about adding NPC races that the admins would play and expand the lore more
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:45 am

blitz be an admin and get in on this shiz
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am

well considering my deployment was cancelled i have all the time in the world don't i?

i'll work on getting more people before i promise to work on anything else. i'm not going to spend hours rehauling this system when we only have 5 people. the fundamental reason we keep failing is because there's not enough people to keep it going, atleast, imo.

as usual invite your friends and direct them to archived RP to see what to expect. i wouldn't expect wookie to be too active since he's deploying overseas next month, so it might just be me and eyes for now. i'll talk to my TS cru and see if they're interested to start
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 am

also i was considering doing a "fast-forward" of 5-10 years, not restarting. works with my storyline. though i'll nerf people's nations into having one colony with their homeworld. works for me since i was losing a planet at the time anyway.

Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 5:57 am

Ah, welcome back Blitz, if you do decide to hop back in will you be doing the Zeleniyans again? If so, I've got an idea that could compliment.

Also I'll be finishing up and posting my own nation app thing tomorrow since today I kinda threw my entire app I was working on out the window because I wasn't satisfied with it.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:45 am

I can get a few guys I know, such as Elwood and Spud. Others, I have since picked up in my travels since my banishment and galvanisation. There are few dudes from TnB I know, zoiX, Credentials, Raikren and AaronoftheAges, who I could convince to post pretty regularly.

I agree with Blitz, combat mechanics must be a feature, unique targeting, ship hit points, miss changes and weapon damages are the only things that really seem important, extra fluff such as veterency should be considered. That being said, however, when you start throwing in unique dice like DnD it loses its ability for "Pick up n play". The DnD fighting mechanic is rock solid, don't get me wrong, but it's lengthy, and you do have to learn it, you can't just pick it up as you go along.

Players shouldn't be reading a manual whilst fighting, they should know how to fight already, or have a rough idea of how it works. I've got a system ready to propose if y'all are interested, I could make a post about it. You know?
Back to top Go down
RetroRobot
Admin
RetroRobot

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 8:04 am

im down
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 4:09 pm

The only issue with the fast forwarding of the timeline is the races not being used anymore. Personally, I' m not using the Kals anymore, so how would that be incorperated into the RP?
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Thimble wrote:
Ah, welcome back Blitz, if you do decide to hop back in will you be doing the Zeleniyans again? If so, I've got an idea that could compliment.

Also I'll be finishing up and posting my own nation app thing tomorrow since today I kinda threw my entire app I was working on out the window because I wasn't satisfied with it.

yes i'll be juggling a few races but as usual i'll be space commies. i'd love to hear your suggestion.

Rook wrote:
I can get a few guys I know, such as Elwood and Spud. Others, I have since picked up in my travels since my banishment and galvanisation. There are few dudes from TnB I know, zoiX, Credentials, Raikren and AaronoftheAges, who I could convince to post pretty regularly.

I agree with Blitz, combat mechanics must be a feature, unique targeting, ship hit points, miss changes and weapon damages are the only things that really seem important, extra fluff such as veterency should be considered. That being said, however, when you start throwing in unique dice like DnD it loses its ability for "Pick up n play". The DnD fighting mechanic is rock solid, don't get me wrong, but it's lengthy, and you do have to learn it, you can't just pick it up as you go along.

Players shouldn't be reading a manual whilst fighting, they should know how to fight already, or have a rough idea of how it works. I've got a system ready to propose if y'all are interested, I could make a post about it. You know?

the system we would use would take a second to learn but after that its pretty simple. You start with 3 ships from your homeworld plus 1 for every colony. then I just bullshit the "feats" or better known as the traits, which you'll get around 3 of, implement an easy XP system for the crew, and a couple of other things. basically, you'll create a "character sheet" of your ships in your thread.

the only problem is implementing a dnd dice function that all parties can view and cannot be tampered with.

and yeah you can suggest something if you'd like

EyesofMarch wrote:
The only issue with the fast forwarding of the timeline is the races not being used anymore. Personally, I' m not using the Kals anymore, so how would that be incorperated into the RP?

they'll become NPC races and the GMs will do what they please with them. most likely they'll become isolationist though. i won't do anything too drastic to them just yet incase their former owners want to hop back on, but they will be used as tools for the storyline.

but our main priority is to garner attention to the forum before anything else.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 5:58 pm

okay there was a dnd d20 die system built into forumotion i just had  to activate it.
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:32 pm

I'll go and edit the storyline to match up with this idea. I'll post a link to the board once I finish.
Back to top Go down
EyesofMarch
Admin
EyesofMarch

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Thimble

Thimble

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:07 pm

EyesofMarch wrote:
https://amongstthestars.rpg-board.net/t101-backstory-for-amongst-the-stars#891

His idea was about a 20 year or so jump, not several centuries, although I like the idea of a 'great war' weakening all the existing nations, theoretically we can do the 20 year jump and claim that the events unfolding within the RP itself takes place right after this 'great war'.

As for mechanics, I'm not too keen on the idea that we should utilize dice rolls for every little engagement if anything it should be reserved for the rare time where two or more players are unable to properly RP a combat exchange themselves during an event and the issue has to be resolved one way or the other. I feel that gamey sort of RPG mechanics shouldn't be included and much should be left to just straight RP, but perhaps that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!   ..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

..-KSSSHHHHHHHHHEYYYYYYYY!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amongst the Stars. :: Information :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: